Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Computer Has a Bath

Bristish Columbia and my computers do not get along. You all remember that my first original "Compy" died by having spider babies laid in the power supply. Well, B.C. decided to give my new computer a bath by having winds upwards of 110 kmh drive rain around the seals on our window in the office. Yep the rain was coming around the window and dripping onto my new computer. Luckily I had shut the computer down for the day to do cleaning around the house and to enjoy the fabulous CBC Saturday Radio 1 programs. When I saw that my computer was having a bath I quickly unplugged the computer and moved it across the office to let it dry out. I checked it out today and made sure that everything was dry. It appears to be working.

In other news when I first logged onto the internet I saw that B.C. had set up a HUGE reserve of rain forest on the coast. This was seen as a good idea by everyone, including the forestry and mining industry the native communities, environmentalists, local communities and even the government. Yep miracles can happen. Also cool fact of the day is that Polar bears are not the only white bears. Apparently there is a species of Black Bear that is all white called a Kermode bear. This is the awesomest thing ever. I think this is my new favourite kind of bear.

Well I hope that you all enjoy the article on the bear and the new sanctuary as much as I did. I know that Shannon will appreciate it.

5 comments:

Queen of West Procrastination said...

I love that we live somewhere that has rainforest. Remember how there were warnings in Ucluelet that, should you be on the rocks when the tide rose, you wouldn't be able to escape into the dense rainforest? This province is awesome. In ways.

Shannon said...

I did enjoy the story very much Chris. It does sound like it was a good agreement when all factors are taken into account. I will definately have to try to come and visit the rainforest. Did you know that in places in the Amazon rainforest (and possibly in others for all I know) when you stop walking and close your eyes you will hear some kind of swishing noise? It is leeches COVERING the ground and crawling/sliding (or however they move) around.

arimich said...

That's gross.

Chris said...

That's AWESOME!

Caffeinated Canuck said...

I have a debating tournament in Saskatoon in a few weeks, and you just gave me a great idea:

Be it resolved that this house should initiate a military invasion of South America to protect its rainforests.