Monday, July 12, 2010

The Kindergarten Tattler

Maryanne and I found a Father's day craft that my brother helped make when his was back in kindergarten. (18 years ago). It was a newspaper called the "Kindergarten Tattler" and it had pictures drawn by each student that explained what things their Dads like to do best. Some of the drawings and captions were really sweet. For example Lane's said his Dad liked to catch butterflies; while Joey's Dad likes climbing trees. Quite a few Dads' favourite thing was to go golfing. Some of the more interesting ones were suggestive of what kinds of things were going on at home. Genevieve's Dad dreamed of sleeping and having another baby. Heather's Dad enjoyed kissing her Mom and Megan's Dad enjoyed tickling her Mom best. But the most surprising thing was that according to Geoff the thing that Dad likes best is shooting guns.
     That is right, Dad apparently likes shooting guns best. This really surprised Maryanne and I especially since Dad only owned a rifle for hunting and he was drawn by Geoff holding a hand gun. This could be chalked up to the fact that he was a kindergarten student and doesn't notice detail except that Geoff did. I know this because he was one of the only kids to draw a human with all of their correct body parts and even more telling he even drew the shoe laces on Dad's shoes. So I took a closer look at the gun and it occurred to me that the only handgun in our house was the Sega master system's handgun for the game Safari Hunt. I think that must be what it was.
     I will upload the picture as soon as I can. 

No comments: