Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Working on not Working on Report Cards.

For a guy that claims to be immensely busy getting his report cards done by Friday I have certainly managed to have some fun over the last week.

Now some of that fun was at school which is almost like work: Sometimes you have to make your own fun during the dry moments in class to engage the students.  This might mean that you find the net force on a flying feline.

Or, it might mean that you spend a class convincing Math 11 students that they do not need to despair at turning y = (x-3)(x-1)(x+1) into a graph. If they act like CSI detectives and examine all the clues they can piece together their "crime scenes" and figure out what the graph will look like. By the end of the class we were jokingly calling each other detectives and I even promoted one boy to Sergeant when he solved a tough "case".

I did even manage to have some fun away from work.

On Saturday we hiked up and around Mount Douglas Park here in Victoria. I was able to get some nice pictures. Some on my old freebie digital camera including this one of a very friendly passing dog.


 


That is Maryanne in the distance.
Then of course on Sunday afternoon Nov 1st it was cheap candy day:


Oh and I also convinced Maryanne that I should get a Halloween Mr. Potato Head. Here he is in the dark bathroom showing off his glowing eyes.

I keep peeking him around the corner at Maryanne before I enter a room. He says "Oooooooowwhoooo" a lot.

Yeah that has been how I have been working on not working on my report cards. I am really looking forward to them being done.

3 comments:

Queen of West Procrastination said...

I think "Chris Responds to Cheap Candy Day" is going to be my new desktop picture. I'll change it as soon as I recover from this sugar coma.

Bronwyn said...

It was "bring your candy to work" day yesterday. I had 16 mini chocolate bars and a headache.

I LOVE HALLOWEEN POTATO HEAD.

The Blog Fodder said...

Maryanne, your pictures are lovely. Except Chris high on candy.