Sunday, November 08, 2009

A Boy and his House Hippo: Part 1

Those of you from Canada may recall the Concerned Children's Advertisers' ad about the House Hippo from 2000.


Well, a long time ago Maryanne got some soap that had a little toy hippo in it. After I freed the hippo from his soapy prison I declared him to be my pet House Hippo. Today I decided to document some of the adventures that my House Hippo and I have together.

In his natural habitat

This is the House Hippo at his watering hole. This is his natural habitat. You can see Maryanne in the background sitting on the couch with her laptop. That is her natural habitat.

Representing

This is a picture of the House Hippo cheering on the Riders. He is looking forward to the western final. Go Riders.

Roaring at Hologram Potato Leia

Here you can see him roaring at Princess Leia. His is kinda like a Wookiee, he roars when he is happy and when he is sad. His favourite Star Wars character is Chewbacca.

A boy and his house hippo.

This last one is of my House Hippo standing on my hand and saying hi to me.

To see the rest of the House Hippo photos check out Maryanne's Flickr account. Well that is all for now but I think that the House Hippo may become a regular on my Blog. If anyone has any activities that they would like to see the House Hippo doing let me know.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best ever line: Maryanne's natural habitat. *zing*

Fantastic adventure, Mr. Chris. Love it.

Mom said...

You make your mommy laugh...I miss you! Love you, you nut!

The Blog Fodder said...

It does look like May-B's Grade two teacher.

DC Power said...

Very funny. I hsve come back to look at it several times.

prairie nymph said...

Maybe the house hippo could combat dangerous dust bunnies?
what if the house hippo is really a spy?