Sunday, September 24, 2006

Sunday afternoons are existential

I quite literally never post and no one is likely to read this anytime soon. But this weekend has been a good one for stopping and examining my life and motives and I thought since I was making changes I might as well tell someone to be accountable and I also might as well start doing some of the things that I have been meaning to do but keep putting off (aka bloging).

Maryanne is away this weekend and despite the fact that I have uninterupted computer playing opportunity I have not felt like computing but have gone on long walks (5+ Kilometers up and around a small mountian) This has been good because I need to be more active and because I find that I always do my best thinking when I am out on a walk. It is for these to reasons that I am going to try and go for a good wlak daily. I think after work would be the best time for me as it is still daylight out and then I can reflect on the things from the day.

The walks and Church this morning (which was extra nice as we had people attending from Saskatchewan that I knew and that is always exciting) have got me thinking about the importance that I place on things in my life. Not in the usual way where you suddenly realize that something is more important but in the lifestyle way in which the things that you give the most time to are the things that are the most important. I realized that while I value activity I have not been making it impostant. That is why I'm starting the walks. I also realized that while I say that I value things like friends and family that I don't make a very big effort to include them in my life. Which is one of the reasons that I'm going to start blogging again.

One of the visiting Elders at church shared today about being overcomers and a whole buch of other stuff that I haven't fully processed yet. So this afternoon I'm going to enjoy the beautiful day head for a walk/hike pray, reflect and be existential which is something that I have missed doing on Sunday afternoons. That is al I really wanted to say. Have a great day.

3 comments:

arimich said...

I will have a great day! I'm was so excited to check your blog today and see something from you! I'm glad you've had such a nice weekend and lovely walks.

Jen said...

See, at least two people have noticed already! Have some nice walks!

Anonymous said...

Ok, I'll begin by saying that I'm not a complete internet stalker...:P I was looking up burn pictures for a Biology assignment and (not surprisingly looking at the picture) your infamous bunny burner mishap came to mind (you taught me in Eatonia:))...anyhoo its good to see you're doing well...bye :)