Thursday, March 30, 2006

More Changes

Okay so when it rains it pours, right? Well I hope that you can all follow this and that everyone who should get this in the next day or so does. I'm moving the site from blogger to my own site, www.christopherreed.net I will begin the transition either friday night or perhaps on saturday but it will happen. Also over the next week to a month expect to find that the links without drop down menus start working and lead you to other parts of my new site.

So why all the change? Well it is not a sudden thing. I began to play with this idea last september and began to seriously persue it over the last couple of months. I want to have a site that can act as a blog, a discussion forum on topics that interest me, a sharing of teaching resources, a secure password protected electronic portfolio for potential employeers, a homepage for myself and various other things. In other words I wanted more than blogger alone could provide.

So what can you expect in the next little while? I'm not completely sure. With my own domain I have the freedom I want to develop the site however I want. I do know that I built the following things into the menu.
1) The home button will not take you to my blog (although clicking on the banner will) but to my homepage that I plan on using myself. It will have the weather for where I live, some RSS feeds for things that interest me and will act as the perfect place to start al of my internet sessions.
2) The blog link will continue to take you to my blog.
3) The archive link will continue to show archived files.
4) The little building link is a Forum and will take you to the new forums part of my site where people will be able to share thoughts ideas. So initial forums will be: teaching resources to share, science articles or stories for discussion, possibly a religion discussion forum, etc.
5) The briefcase is also called a portfolio and will be where I have my electronic portfolio. Most of it will be open for everyone to enjoy and will contain things that I have done and will act like an electronic resume. The actual resume part and other documents that contain sensitive information will be passowrd protected.
6) The grammaphone is the music menu.
7) Sir Francis Drake is the friends menu.
8) The computer is computer related stuff.
9) The model of the atom that was outdated by about 1930-1940 is the science links. (eventually clicking on the atom may take you to the science forums)
10) The CBC logo is my news links.
11) The graduation hat is the education links (again, eventually clicking on the hat may take you to the education forums)
12) The dart board is the games, sports and entertainment links
13) The Bible is the religious related links (this to may eventually lead to the religious forums)
14) The question mark is the catch all list of links.

More may eventually come and the site may, no will change its looks over time. So see you all later at the new site.

1 comment:

Jen said...

It may be sprinkling.... poaring, I am not sure about. ;)