Friday, October 14, 2005

Photo Post #2 Squirrel Fishing

Alright last time I tried to do the photo post blogger kept messing up and didn't load all of the pictures which is why I only had 5 photos last time. I will see if I can exceed 5 photos this time. I pick up the adventure shortly after Matt and I finished with the pykrete. We decided to go fishing and all we needed was some line. We decided that yarn would make good line since what we intended to fish for was SQUIRRELS! So this first photo has to do with us getting yarn.



Yep. This is me in the Bay Centre standing in front of the fishing supply store. They were very nice.



This photo is of me showing off our fishing gear. Yeah that is a bag of unsalted roasted peanuts and the bag at my foot is from LewisCraft and it does have yarn and an utility knife in it.



It is hard to tell because the photo is so small but Matt has the biggest smile on his face ever. he caught the first squirrel. It actually isn't this particular squirrel but this is the first one that we got a photo of. By the end of the day we realized that it was a lot easier to catch the black squirrels than the grey squirrels. The only grey squirrel we caught was Matt's first one so we have no proof.


This is Matt's squirrel, Matt was about 40 cm from the little guy when he took this photo. The squirrel eventually did chew through the string and take the nut.

Here the squirrel realizes that instead of going for a single nut he could go for the whole bag. We quickly rushed in to save our stash of nuts. Take that Chip. Later Dale showed up and tried to steal our unguarded bag as well but we also saved teh nuts from him. Unlike Donald Duck though we did throw a couple of nuts to the squirrels as "rewards" for being good test subjects. (That and they are so cute how can you say no to them?)

Once again I have hit upon the magic limit of 5 photos. I will leave you hanging a bit and finish the photo adventure sometime this weekend. For now enjoy what is here.

7 comments:

arimich said...

I am so jealous! Can I come too next time?

Anonymous said...

Yay Chris! I've been waiting for our squirrel fishing adventures to be put up here. Oh, and congrats on your new job. Each one is a stepping stone to something better.

Ariann, if you, Chris and I are ever in the same place, at the same time, and there are squirrels around, we will definitely go squirrel fishing together!

Anonymous said...

I have never heard of squirrel fishing before. You boys sure come up with clever ways to entertain yourselves.

Anonymous said...

C'mon, Chris. I want to hear more about your adventures!

arimich said...

Where did you go? I miss you! Oh, and I think it's funny that you got blog spam (blam? splog?) after you hadn't posted in forever. It amuses me.

Jen said...

Yoohoo Chris?

Anonymous said...

Haha! I found you cuz! You know how? I systematically went through the blog links on Turner's blog, until I found you! Score!
I wish I could have been there for the squirrel hunting. I was doing that this summer at Torch. With shiny pebbles. They don't work so good.