Saturday, March 25, 2006

Disclaimer and hanging with friends.

So you may have noticed a change on the site here. I have at long last figured out how to do the menu I wanted and this then allowed me to construct the blog I wanted. Also while figuring out how to post all of the graphics on this page I discovered a long lost photobucket account with photos from my days in Eatonia. So the disclaimer portion of this blog is: yes the site has at long last been updated properly but to expect little tweeks now and then as I get it even more to the place that I want it. Also another disclaimer, the photo below is gross and is for Derek Turner.




This was one of the photos I found in that old photobucket account from when I blew up my hand in a grade 9 science lesson that I was teaching. The lesson quickly turned into a first aid science lesson.

And lastly, but certainly not least. I would like to welcome Shannon to the Island even though it is only for the short period of a weekend. We have had some good times and I love showing others around Victoria because I'm still new and showing a friend around is the best way to discover and learn about my new "temporary" home away from Saskatchewan. Noted discovery of the weekend is that there is a significant Blue Heron population in Beacon Hill Park.

Well that is about all for now. Although you can expect more soon and more often now.

5 comments:

Queen of West Procrastination said...

Thank you for that reminder of the grossness that was your burnt hand. I'm avoiding looking straight at it.

And the blog's working great so far!

Shannon said...

And thank you for showing me around the island. The blue heron's were way cool. As were the baby goats.

Bronwyn said...

Chris I love the new look of the site. Its very cool and totally you! I miss you tons.

Life of Turner said...

You're my new hero. The blog is sexy beyond belief. The hand is awesome. I still miss Backwater Sask though. But if you start posting on a semi-regular basis here, I can find it in the cockles of my heart to forgive you. Does anything other than the heart have cockles?

Derek out.

Queen of West Procrastination said...

Well, Derek, he claims that now he's going to be posting more. But he's also in the process of getting web hosting, including forums (hence the little Roman icon), and so that might also keep him distracted. Chris sometimes enjoys the conceptual background stuff more than the content.

But those drop-down menus make me so happy. You wouldn't believe how much time each of those icons took.